Prepare BOTOX® using aseptic technique. Wipe the top of vials clean with an alcohol swab.
Note that the BOTOX® vial may appear to be empty prior to reconstitution because it contains a small amount of clear cystals. To determine whether you're using BOTOX®, look for a holographic film on the vial label that contains the name "Allergan" within horizontal, rainbow-colored lines.
- Draw 10 mL of sterile, non-preserved 0.9% saline into the syringe.
- Inject saline into the 100 Units BOTOX® vial. Mix gently by swirling the BOTOX® vial. Do not shake.
- Administer within 24 hours after reconsitution in the vial. During this time, reconstituted BOTOX® should be stored in a refrigerator (2°C–8°C).
- Draw 10 mL of reconstituted BOTOX® from the 100 Units BOTOX® vial into the 10 mL syringe.
- Use BOTOX® immediately after reconstitution in the syringe. Do not store reconstituted BOTOX® in the syringe.
- In a separate syringe, draw an additional 1 mL of saline for final flush.
Result: one 10-mL syringe, for a total of 100 Units of reconstituted BOTOX® in 10 mL (dose of 5 U per 0.5 mL) as well as a 1-mL syringe of saline for final flush.
- Unused saline should be discarded after each reconstitution procedure.
- Reconstitution of one 100-Unit vial will result in 1 syringe.
- The recommended dose is 100 Units.
Procedure for OAB Patients Using
1 x 100 Units (U) BOTOX® Vial
View the BOTOX® Reconstitution Video for OAB.
To order BOTOX®, please contact Allergan Customer Service at 1-800-44-BOTOX (1-800-442-6869). Once your account is established, you can order through Allergan Direct: www.allergandirect.com.